Software Assurance Training Vouchers entitle you to receive technical training and select end user readiness training through Demonstration Sessions from Microsoft Learning Partners. Learn how to activate and use your Software Assurance Training Voucher Benefit today.
Software Assurance Training Vouchers provides:
Reduced training costs. User training is already included under your Software Assurance coverage. With SATV, technical training for your IT Pro and Developer staff and end-user Demonstration Sessions do not incur additional expense.
Employee skill enhancement. Training offers employees increased proficiency and productivity. Prepare your IT staff to support your organization’s technology infrastructure and end-users for new deployments.
Learning Partner Support. Microsoft Learning Partners can help create an optimal training strategy for your organization and help you plan the most effective way to use training vouchers.
Guaranteed pricing. Microsoft and Learning Partners have set pricing that is included with your SA coverage.
4 Simple Steps to Redeeming Training Vouchers
1. Verify Eligibility: Customers receive a number of training days based on the amount of their qualifying Microsoft Office and/or Windows software licenses that are covered by Software Assurance. Visit the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) for the most accurate statement of your Software Assurance benefits.
2. Activate: The benefits manager will go to Microsoft’s Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) web site to activate the organization’s SA training voucher benefit. The benefit only has to be activated one time, and the entire number of training days allotted to the organization will be activated for use.
- To activate your training voucher benefit, go to the Volume Licensing Service Center site and sign in by using your Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID) benefits manager credentials. If you do not have the administrative permissions necessary to activate your SA benefit, get in touch with your Notices contact. After you have obtained the permissions and signed in, click Software Assurance. From your Benefit Summary page, click Training Vouchers. On the next page, click Activate Benefit.
- Review the list of SATV eligible courses. Before creating a training voucher, review the SATV eligible courses listed in the Course Catalog to identify the courses of interest to your technical staff. You can create training vouchers that cover training for one (1) to five (5) days. The course list can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/sa-vl-catalog/savldefault.aspx . Under Offer Type, select SA Training Vouchers.
3. Create & Assign: After activating the benefit, you can create and assign SA training vouchers to employees by entering the employee name, corporate e-mail address, and number of days the voucher is worth. After creation and assignment of a SA training voucher, the employee has 180 days to use the voucher before it expires.
- To formally assign a training voucher, go to the Volume Licensing Service Center site at
https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter and sign in by using your Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID) benefits manager credentials. From your Software Assurance Benefit Summary page, click Training Vouchers. Then click Create Training Voucher, and enter all necessary information. The training voucher will be electronically sent to the work e-mail address that you entered.
4. Schedule: 0728 ADVICE sau email@example.com
Watch an informative Video demonstrating how to Activate, Create & Assign, and Schedule Training, at
Details You Should Know
Eligible licenses: The Microsoft Product List details Software Assurance benefit eligibility and program rules. Customers can find the most accurate statement of their current Software Assurance benefits in VLSC.
Cancellation: If an employee reserves an SA training voucher with a Learning Partner and then cannot attend the scheduled course, the employee must contact the Learning Partner to cancel. If the training reserved is cancelled, the SA training voucher will revert to the „Assigned” status. Note that the Learning Partner’s local cancellation policy applies and the Learning Partner may impose a cancellation charge. A benefits manager CANNOT revoke a SA training voucher from „Reserved” status.
Revocation: If the SA training voucher is in „Assigned” status, the company benefits manager can revoke it so the training days will revert back to the organization’s pool of training days and the benefits manager can then create and/or assign it to someone else.
Expiration: An SA training voucher is valid for 180 days after it is created and assigned. Therefore, training must be completed before SA training voucher expiration. When the organization’s licensing agreement expires, any unassigned SA training days left in the organization’s pool WILL EXPIRE.
Benefit Days vs. Course Days: If the benefits manager creates a SA training voucher worth more days than the course length, the extra days automatically revert back to the organization’s pool of training days after the voucher is paid to the Learning Partner. Or, the benefits manager can revoke the voucher (if it hasn’t already been reserved by a Learning Partner) and re-create it for the employee with the exact number of days needed for the desired course. If the SA training voucher doesn’t cover all of the course days, the employee must pay the difference to the Learning partner.
Employee responsibility: The employee will receive an e-mail confirmation message that contains details about the SA training voucher (such as length of voucher, voucher number, expiration date, ) and must be aware of the voucher expiration date, which is 180 days from the date the voucher was created and assigned.
For more information about Software Assurance Training Vouchers, go to